Friday

Bloggy Blog Awards!


An award?? Several of them?? To me, Queen of the Underachievers? It's like the time I got an award for Perfect Attendance in Sunday School.  All I had to do was show up.   THANK YOU...for bestowing these resume worthy awards.  I hope I can use them when I head back into the job world.  Obviously, as with any award shows, I need to spend the next 2.5 minutes being flabbergasted and thank the necessary people that got me here. 


 


  You Know It Happens At Your House Too! nominated me for this one.  There have been others, and I am so sorry that I cannot remember - I want to say Because nobody likes Mondays yes, that's it for a creative blog award as well.  My dear friend Katy at http://www.wantadumpsterbaby.com/ gave me one of these awards back when I was a tiny speckle of a blogger and believed in me when I didn't believe in myself.  Thank you to my hubs for putting up with the constant sound of pecking my keyboard when he's trying to read his silly game of thrones books every night, to my three beautiful babies, or muses I like to call them for the countless supply of material for my blog, but most of all, my spectacular readers who laugh and cry with me faithfully.  I would NOT be here if it weren't for People I Want to Punch in the Throat.  She is a leader of strong voices and a great mentor.

Stipulations of this award (slight eyeroll).  I don't follow directions well, so this might not go off as planned. 

*Share 7 things about yourself - will do
*Pass the award along to other bloggers you love reading - would love to but then they are obligated to these stipulations and they are too lazy to deal with it I'm sure.
*Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know they have won the award - meh..they'll find this if they want to .
See?  I'm an underachiever in all ways.

So, just 7 things about me.

1. I am 39 years old.  The other day when I said I was 39 to someone that asked me (*gasp!) he replied, "for the first or second time?"  Ahole.

2. When my teachers asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up I said Cruise Director every time.  They thought I would make a good Bus Driver.  Damn those fools.

3. My middle name is Elaine.  Like Elaine Benis from Seinfeld, only different.

4. I hate camping.

5. I love the smell of gasoline at gas stations.  Perhaps I have inhaled it one too many times while pumping.

6. I can't remember what I had for breakfast, but I can sing you every single lyric of any Wham! song out there.  Gladly.

7. I am Greek.  I eat.  I yell.  I feed people and I swear.  It's what we do.
If you are still reading, I feel badly that you're this bored and feel like I should applaud you for your kindness.

Want to pretend like you are working and need some good reading material to appear enthralled at your research when really you are dying from laughter?  I am way too lazy to list all of the blogs I love - but please, check them out on the right hand side of my blog and go visit them.  You're guaranteed a laugh or 100 of them.  xo  DG

PS - PLEASE TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO POST A LINK TO YOUR BLOG FOR OTHERS TO CHECK OUT. 



6 comments:

  1. Well, I'm an attention whore... :) Thank you for the opportunity!

    My site is, My Daily Jenn-ism:

    http://mydailyjenn-ism.blogspot.com/

    You deserve every award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine is Mouthy Barber Mom My Encounters With Stupidity

    http://mouthybarbermom.blogspot.com/

    Thanks for letting me post this & congrats on the Award(s).
    Glad you decided to stick around!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to smooch your face off now. I have really been enjoying your blog and stalking you on Facebook! Thanks for all the laughs!

    ~Christal

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gasoline one sure brought back memories of childhood! My parents thought it both gross/disturbing that I got excited for gas station trips. I don't love the smell as much anymore, but I remember vividly how I loved it as a wee one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a new fan to your blog, but have enjoyed it so far. Thanks for letting me plug my blog here.

    Random Thoughts from a Random Guy

    http://jccsst-random.blogspot.com

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey thanks everyone! Hope you get a little foot traffic to your site! I'm reading all of you now! xo

    ReplyDelete

Support random acts of kindness and leave me a nice comment..it totally counts as a good deed.