Sunday

Fun with the Elf on the Shelf, Pop Culture Version..

Some of you have the Elf on the Shelf.  I don't get it.  I thought he was supposed to wait for me to pose him and do stuff with him starting in November some time after Thanksgiving as a way to keep my kids in line before December 25th. 

All I did was put the girl and the boy elf in the playroom near the dollhouse I keep there for when my three nieces come over (since all I have are Superheroes, Ninjago guys, and Star Wars to offer them).  I thought they'd just sit there and wait for Thanksgiving to come and go and then I'd get them out and start using them as Santa's informants.

I went upstairs to check on the boys, and I found some photos and other things that these naughty Elves left for me to see.  A scrapbook of pop-culture memes and pics, etc to let me know they are not going to just sit on a shelf and wait for something to happen. I was wondering why my ipad kept ending up in the playroom.  I kept blaming it on the boys when really, it was these naughty guys. Anyways, I thought I'd share my findings with you...


Carly Rae Elfsen??



That's so elfed up.







Harry Potter and Elf-Blood Prince?  What the Hell?




I had NO idea he knew Brad Pitt from the movie 'Inglourious Elfterds'...this elf gets around!



 
Watching the Real Housewives of Elverly Hills...
 


Elfward Loves Belfa Forelfer.  Elfclipse...awesome.


 
Ahhh, and a little elfshaming I see!  Shopping elftoriously on ebay...with my credit card no less.



More Elfshaming..tsk tsk.  Been reading while I'm at work, have you?


Then he got into making memes when I was at work...


Futurama Fry...


Lord of the Rings Meme..


Condescending Wonka of course..


The most interesting elf in the world..and yes, actually, he does always wear a Santa hat!



Finally, you know how I've been really hard on myself thinking I've been polishing off all of the m&m's in the bowl?  Elfie here was using it as a hot tub after hours with the dolls.








For more Elf on the Shelf laughs, be sure to check out the following funny blogs!


Kim at Let me Start by Saying has dedicated a lot of time and effort into Elfshaming! Check out the Elfshaming FB page too.

Thanks for laughing with me!  Happy Elf Season! (Special thanks to Faceinhole.com, Picmonkey.com, and Picjoke.net for giving me the tools to bring the elves to life!)  ~DG

He even weasled his way in to the Thanksgiving Family photo..



No comments:

Post a Comment

Support random acts of kindness and leave me a nice comment..it totally counts as a good deed.