Monday

PEEPSTER SUNDAES!


Peeps Ala Mode?  Yes. Please.


The good Peeps at Peeps thought they'd challenge an Underachiever to a craft idea with these fun little marshmallow characters.  Maybe they thought it would be good to show frazzled, busy, crazed moms how easy and inexpensive it is to use Peeps for Easter/Spring decorations - they probably thought they'd use a Tag line So Easy Even an Underachiever Can Do It.    If you've seen my Pinterest board then you'll know what kind of hot mess I really am with crafts - I can't even keep my boards straight - I've got my cut out cookies (my only baking talent) with my ecards I made, and my movie quotes mixed in with memes.  I'm a mess.  So - let me be the first to say - if I can do something fun with Peeps - so can you.

OK - - so here's the thing.  Peeps has the cutest little video about 2 brothers - and of course, they remind me of my 2 littlest boys...and they'll remind you of something too...(we'll get to that in a minute).  You know I'm a huge movie buff so if you are too, I bet you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.  So watch this video and then tell me what movie comes to mind - if you're a real movie buff, you won't cheat and scroll past the video...right?




OK so...what movie came to mind when this little guy named off all of the ways to use Peeps?

Yup...you're right.  Forrest Gump....when Bubba told Forrest all the ways to make Shrimp.


Bubba: Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.
 (Pic source:speakinggump.com)

So I get the challenge from Peeps to come up with a Peeps craft of some sort - or recipe..and I start thinking back to Forrest Gump...and talking like Bubba.

I started to Google/Pinterest Search the following to see if my clever ideas were already out there..
Peeptini? - DONE BEFORE.
Peepkabobs?  DONE.
Centerpeeps?  (Centerpiece made of peeps) DONE.

Shit.  It's all been done.  Now I really have to dig deep.
Peeptini? (Martini w/ Peeps) - done.
Peepsicles? (Frozen Peeps) - done and DONE!
Rice Kripeep Treats?  DONE - WHAT THE HELL AM I GONNA DO??

And then...it hit me.   My girlfriend Heather just opened the magnificent, delicious, mouthwatering YoBite! shop in Chelmsford, Mass and I've been dying to get down there with the boys to try it out.  Yobite has 12 yogurt flavors and more than 50 toppings - so it would be the perfect place for me to make something that has not (not that I know of) been done before - and I wouldn't even have to dirty my kitchen!!! (BONUS!)..ready?  Drumroll...

How much fun will your kids have making these!!!??

Peepster Sundaes!  (Instead of Easter Sundays...get it??)  
SOOO easy, even an Underachiever can make them.  Ok, so I'm not a poster girl for something difficult but whatever - I'll take it!  The COLORS - -ohhh the colors make this so easy and fun..toasted coconut for the nest? Not a fan of coconut, no worries - with your toppings you can do anything  with these little doobies!

These are all made with YOBITE! (SQUEEEEE..IT'S SO GOOD..IF YOU LIVE ANYWHERE NEAR CHELMSFORD - WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???)!



Orange Sorbet with toasted coconut and sprinkles!


                             
                                                Banana frozen yogurt , toasted coconut and sprinkles.







Blueberry Tart frozen yogurt with fresh blueberries and sprinkles!

Original Tart frozen yogurt with blue gummy bears, toasted coconut and sprinkles ! EEEK so stinkin' cute!

It's  Easter - and you have a house full of family and little ones - - you get some frozen yogurt or your favorite ice cream and toppings and line them up on the table to make your own Peepster Sundaes- and everyone is happy!  Hooray!  Who knew being an Underachiever could be so fun!

Whatever you decide to do with your Peeps - have fun - and enjoy!

Cheers and Love,
~DG, Queen of Underachieving

*This post was sponsored by Peeps but the thoughts and opinions are my own...


10 comments:

  1. The colors!!! OMG, my kids would LOVE this. And I love that you did it somewhere else and supported your friend's new biz. You are a doll!

    ReplyDelete

  2. that is very awesome idea I love the bottom one it looks like it's in a little nest

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlton to Chelmsford is probably 1 1/2 hours and yet I sit here, watching the 5 yr old, trying to think of a reason to make the drive.
    A reason other than 'I just really love ice cream & frozen yogurt and I want some.'
    Sadly, the boy would prefer fruit to frozen treats. It really hurts me! He's like the poster kid for healthy choices, which he clearly didn't learn from me!

    Thanks for giving me a craving for something sweet before I've had breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO cute, and I love that kids can build their own. Good for you, inventing AND succeeding at a brand new Peeps recipe! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these Peepster Sundaes! This idea is fantastic...and easy too! Happy Peepster, I mean Easter everyone.

    P.S. Yobite Yogurt is the best. Congratulations Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a movie buff, nor does my memory actually exist anymore, but as soon as I cheated and read below to your Forest Gump reference, I could see the correlation.

    Anyway, the Peepster Sundae's are super cute :-) I'm a master at the craft fail, but it sounds like I couldn't screw this one up except that I would probably trip and smash it in my face or worse yet, smash it in the face of the Christian single guy who is ready to mingle according to my ad choices on your blog here.

    If you'll excuse me, now I have to go and google what I've been googling lately to make that ad choice come up..... hmmmm hope my husband doesn't mind whatever it is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so adorable! What kind of Peep would Ron Burgundy like?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cool idea, love it! And extra bonus awesome for support local biz!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You, my friend, are a genius! Not just because of the idea to put Peeps with ice cream, but because of the name you gave to it.

    If only you would have been able to combine Peeps with Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs. My head would probably have exploded had you succeeded.

    ReplyDelete

Support random acts of kindness and leave me a nice comment..it totally counts as a good deed.