Wednesday

The Candy Crush Addiction - as Told by Me - I Mean, Memes.

In the beginning I was against Candy Crush....Resist. Refrain. Refuse.  No games - not gonna happen.  I've been clean and sober from Facebook apps for 3 years since I gave up Farmville and Mafia Wars.



And then I was just like - no way - no time.


But the requests just kept flooding in.  Every day. All day.  And I grew weary.


Weeks went by..but I stayed strong.


And then my mom came to visit and kept telling me how much fun it was and that I should give it a try.

So fine - my mom said it would be fun.  I figured why not, for her sake, give it a try.  But I ended up like Bad luck Brian here.

I had so much fun with the first few levels.

My confidence soared as I cleared levels and earned specials with ease.
And then things got serious.
The levels got harder.
I was dying just like that.

My family and even my cats were happy when I was out of lives.


But I kept at it...and I learned not to give up.

And then I learned I could get help from my friends - and usually, without even asking, lives would appear!

But then it got frustrating...and maddening...


And I couldn't help but ask myself why I was putting myself through the aggravation.

And then I got angry again.

So I decided to take the control back and only play it when I felt like it.
And then it was fun again.

I've got this allll under control.  I can quit whenever I want to.

It's not.

So yeahhh hi.  Whaaat's happenin'?  Gonna need you to go ahead and help me get to the next episode in the saga mmmmkay?  Thaaaanks.

Cheers, love and jellies,
 ~DG

22 comments:

  1. OMG. I LOVE YOU. You are brilliant, that is all. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What level are you on ? 200 something? Freak! Love you!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. lol! We're all in this boat together girl!

      Delete
  3. My husband told me I was playing too much, then I got HIM to play....

    MWAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^^^ Teehee. Still working on mine. ;)

      Delete
    2. My husband is an addict. Candy Crush is the other woman in our lives! lol!

      Delete
  4. The funniest depiction of the descent into Candy Crush madness and addiction EVER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Crazy memes helped illustrate it better! lol

      Delete
  5. WTF. Stop reading my mind and posting my thoughts all over the interwebs you freaky mind-reading psychic genius, you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stop having such a gorgeous profile pic you supermodel you! xo

      Delete
  6. I love you, this is hilarious and makes me feel better about my issues. Ahem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you girl...can you send me a life? xo

      Delete
  7. Can honestly say I have never played any game on line but that was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now THAT is a compliment! Thanks glad you liked it!!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Come here you....
      Mental note: Next BlogHer convention tie Kim up and force her to swim in Lemonade Lake. Boohhooohaahaaa... xo

      Delete
  9. I got so ticked off at the game I had to delete it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Neener neener neener, I've never played.... I'm with Kim, I refuse to give in. Refuse.
    Make a blog post out of memes any day sister. I want to kiss your face.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My sentiments exactly! <3 Love you to bits & pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Candy crush is most entertaining game.I never miss to play candy crush

    ReplyDelete

Support random acts of kindness and leave me a nice comment..it totally counts as a good deed.