|That's me with the cast of Downton. Or so it feels like I'm part of the family after watching too many episodes.|
(DISCLAIMER: THERE ARE NO SPOILERS IN THIS BLOG)
I'm always a day late and a dollar short to stuff. It's typical DG form. It took forever for me to succumb to the Twilight Books, 50 Shades of Gray, Twitter, Pinterest and other Pop Culture-y kinds of stuff. I have to dip my toe in when it comes to things that Social Media peer pressures me into investigating. That being said - once I give in, I almost always become completely obsessed with it and give myself a V8 hit in the forehead - like well why didn't I do that a long time ago!
About 9 months ago, my dear friend Jen at People I Want to Punch in the Throat and I were chatting and she casually asked me if I watched Downton Abbey. It was the first I had heard of it so I can only assume she was in the midst of a fresh love affair with the show. I answered that I did not and she strongly encouraged me to do so - that it was really entertaining and I would love it just like she did. I made a mental note, and as with most things, that mental note blew away in to the New Hampshire air after only a few minutes. About a month ago, she posted a blog called Which Downton Character Are You (WARNING! THIS HAS SPOILERS SO IF YOU ARE MID-DOWNTON, PRE-DOWNTON, THINKING ABOUT DOWNTON - DO NOT READ!) anyhow, she posted that and I thought if she's posting about Downton - then it must be good. One of my very dearest friends, Carolyn kept asking if I had watched it yet and I knew she was dying to pull me in to the obsession. Then two of my other dear blogging friends The Bearded Iris and Frugalista Blog were talking/raving about Downton and I caved. ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT I'LL DO IT.
I was just about to re-start my Dreadmill Routine so I figured I'd grab my ipad, pull up Netflix and start watching. My promise to myself was that I would/could only watch it on. the. treadmill. I am now at the last episode of Season 3 and I am so beyond hooked that I think I might have a problem. (Sidenote: Netflix only has Season 1 - I downloaded Seasons 2 and 3 from itunes). Here are some telltale signs you too might be watching too much Downton Abbey...
1. You have a desire for Tea. And you know how I love coffee... But all of this DA has me craving tea. They drink tea constantly. Worried? Tea. Can't sleep? Tea. Bored? Tea. Visitor? Tea. TEA TEA TEA! I only drink tea when I am on my death bed with the flu. I'm starting to rethink and tinker with the idea of cheating on Juan Valdez. Blasphemy - I know. This is the power of Downton.
|Which brings me to another dilemma...I feel like I really, really need a Butler. (source: keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk)|
3. You are slightly offended that you have to make your own dinner -and even more offended once you realize that YOU are the Carson of your own home, answering your your family's dinner needs. You eat last - and you are on clean up duty with Daisy.
4. You are completely annoyed by the blatant mis-pronunciation of DOWNTON and you stop wondering why they didn't just name it DOWNTOWN to begin with.
7. Your thoughts now have a British Accent.
8. You ask your kids to call you Mama and Papa and have to fight the urge to answer people with Yes M'Lord and Yes M'Lady.
|Very pleased. (google images)|
|Surprised. (google images)|
Pinky's Up, Clinks, Cheers, and Love from the Early 1900's...