Friday

How I Ended Up in a Twitter Book in 72 Easy Steps..



Long ago, when I first had my Facebook page, when Facebook pages were all the rage, I knew OF Twitter but had no idea how it worked.


I was easily confused by Twitter.


But friends of mine kept telling me, inviting me, begging me to try Twitter


The thought of having to limit my unlimited sense of funny to 140 characters was terrifying.




Pretty soon, all I was hearing about was Twitter and all about how funny the tweets were. Tweet Tweet Tweet was all I kept hearing.

Alright, alright.  I'll start a Twitter or whatever the hell you say when you join the Blue Bird Club.



Guess what happened?    I LOVED IT. Total thumbs up.


I didn't know what the hell I was doing.  I couldn't get it all in under 140.

I had to think.



And then...I figured it out.  Keep it short.  Keep it funny. Use abbreviations.
I got addicted to the funny.  I got high on the laughs...

                                                               


The laughing continued...

I needed the laughs to get me through the day.  I was scrolling Twitter as much as I could in my downtime...just cruising for more laughs.


Is it appropriate to be hysterical laughing in the pick up lane at school?  I hope so.


At the DMV waiting for my license?  Seems like a good place to get a chuckle...

Know what I DON'T recommend? Reading funny tweets while eating or drinking.


I started telling MY friends, and anyone I talked to they NEEDED TO BE ON TWITTER!

But then Twitter showed me it's not always a funny place...sometimes, I followed people...and they were like...



And sometimes my Tweets got no response....

I was addicted to Twitter and I didn't care who knew it.

But some places didn't have wifi and I COULDN'T GET TO MY TWITTER.

I needed MORE laughs.
\


 I hung in there. I put the time in.  I figured out what I was doing - and would you believe I even won a trip to Florida at a Twitter Party? THAT was awesome.


Sometimes, I even get my NEWS from Twitter.  It's all I need in a tiny little appetizer of tastiness.

And today...I'm proud to say...I'm in a HILARIOUS book with some of the FUNNIEST people on Twitter.  It's appropriately called The Big Book of Parenting Tweets. (Huge thank you to Kate Hall from @katewhinehall and also to the brilliant writers behind  Science of Parenthood - Jessica and Norine and to the other contributors of this cleverly written collaboration - and for inviting me to be in the company of some of the greatest gut-busting, tweeters around.  I have no idea how I ended up in the land of the comics, but I'm hoping no one realizes I'm in the wrong place and let's me stay!


buy here!



I AM SO HAPPY TO BE IN THIS BOOK I COULD BUST A MOVE!


So what are you waiting for??? You need this book!  You need to laugh!  And since we don't get much time to ourselves, you can read these little snippets of funny in between fishing Legos out of the toilet and making snacks!  It's THAT quick!




Thanks for reading!  Happy Tweeting! xo DG

4 comments:

  1. Andrea, you are hysterical! Go you for busting out the moves on Twitter and can't wait to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at GIF. This book is awesome! Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Your talent with gifs and memes is remarkable. How I love thee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is hilarious! I particularly like the 2nd & 3rd GIFs and Winnie the Pooh. I heart twitter so hard. It's like a stand up comedy routine. I've even said, and by said I mean tweeted, "If it can't be said in 140 characters I don't want to hear it." I've also said, "If it doesn't happen on Twitter, it doesn't happen." Congrats on the book!

    ReplyDelete

Support random acts of kindness and leave me a nice comment..it totally counts as a good deed.