So let's countdown the Top 10 Ways that boys could've blown their dates away using a little creativity and pop culture. How I wish we had this back in the day so someone might have made this happen for me. lol!
1. For the Star Wars fans: The boy could dress up in a Darth Vader costume, head over to the potential prom date's house with red light saber in hand and when the girl opens the door, swing the lightsaber with a corsage attached to the tip and say, "I AM YOUR PROM DATE...."
2. In this homage to Ferris Bueller, the boy hops on the town's Easter Parade float and hijacks the microphone singing "Danke Shoen" with a money back guarantee she'll say YES.
3. How about if the potential suitor rents a white tux with black vest and plays Andrew McCarthy's role in Pretty in Pink while playing If You Leave in the background. He could even present to her a handmade Pink Lace Prom Dress as a gift as he says "If you leave without saying yes, I'll be running the other way..."
6. Write a short essay on who you think you are asking so and so to Prom. Make sure your answer, in the simplest terms is...an athlete... ...and a basket case... ...a princess... ...and a criminal... and of course, be sure to play Don't You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds when you give her the note. When she says yes, a victorious fist to the air is a necessity for her to see.
7. Want to sweep her off her feet when you propose? Dress up in Cobra Kai gear, put your game face on and ask her to prom. NO MERCY.
8. I'd be in serious trouble if I didn't suggest the idea that someone wear a Lloyd Dobler trench coat and wait until the potential date goes to bed to blare Peter Gabriel's In Your Eyes. No matter how stalker-ish it seems in this day in age, we've all secretly wished to be Diane Court for five minutes.
9. Recreating a scene of any kind from Dirty Dancing would have been a dreamy way to get a Prom Date - blaring "Do You Love Me?" while Promposing would've been brilliant. I mean who doesn't want a date who can Mash Potato and Do the Twist? Tell me! Watch me now....and don't forget to promise you won't put her in a corner!
10. The finale. The Grand Pooba. The Cream of the Crop. The #1 Biggest Fantasy Promposal of the 1980s....of course....16 Candles. Promposer leases Red Porsche 944 (no big whoop, right?), wears a button down and a vest with jeans and boots and waits outside for her to come out of church, or something similar - then says "yeah you" as potential promposee can barely breathe at the thought of her very own Jake Ryan moment. This, my friends, would've been the single greatest Promposal in the world.
That's all for my take on these Promposals. Until next time...
~Cheers, love and 80's quotes,
PS - If you are bored at work, be sure to check out my recipe contest that I'm in...why anyone would invite an underachiever like me to a recipe contest is beyond me, but they did - so click here to check it out - the more pins I get on pinterest, the better...xoxo Thanks loves.